Monday, August 28, 2006

Money Magnetism

By Swami Kriyananda

Whatever you do, put your full energy into it. If you have to earn money don’t work at it with half your mind, while, with the other half, regretting what you are doing.

If you are in a position where you don’t have to think about earning money-fine; you can direct your energy toward other things. But this is not necessarily better than for a person to be in a position where he has to think about earning money.

I visited a wealthy man once who told me. “That isn’t my reality out there. My life begins when I get home, and can sit quietly in my meditation room.”

I imagine he was trying to impress me. I found myself thinking, however, “What a pity to waste all that time at work during which he could also be living in God!”

You see, it isn’t really important what we do, so long as we see everything we do as an opportunity for service, for applying energy creatively, for working for the welfare of all, for expanding our sympathies and awareness, for attuning our consciousness to the Infinite intelligence.

Remember, God is in money, too. God is in business. God is in the banks just as much as He is in the mountains and the clouds, and in temples.

And though it is, I grant you, more difficult to see Him in the marketplace, nonetheless, He is there. If you look deeply enough, you must find Him, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home